Wednesday, March 18, 2015

First Mates go shopping & I fix things

This morning the ladies of Winsome and Inspiration II went to St. Augustine to shop - for all day!  After they left, I went over to talk with Jim on Winsome.  We had a great chat.  He gave me some ideas for solar panel mounts.  He is convincing me that I really do need the panels for cruising peace of mind.  The generator will charge the batteries but it would need to be run about 3 hours per day to keep batteries topped.  The panels would cut that in half.

The whole day was windy and cool but sunny and later in the morning Mukota Moon arrived and then Polar Bear V then a third boat all coming form Bahamas.  The weather window was open and many returned on this fine day.

I was sort of napping in the cockpit feeling the tropical breezes when the tap came to the hull...Time for the pumpout - one day late.  Well, that job done it was time to get something else done.  I took Abby out for her constitutional and on the way back bumped into Hansen Marine Services.  He agreed  to look at the forward aircon.  He said I needed a new thermostat.  This is the little mercury bulb that goes in the front of the exchanger and out to the control unit.  He said this is what is causing the snapping we hear when the aircon reaches shutoff temperature. He will return.


No comments: