Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Week 1 2016 update

Week 1 has been characterized by wet, windy and cool and week 2 has been downright cold. The temperatures for Sunday week two were in the 30's at night and 50's daytime, Monday was even colder and today, Tuesday the 12th, dawned with a temperature of 31°F.  When I went up to the car at 0830 there was about 1/8" of ice on the windshield - ice not frost. The reverse cycle air handlers are working great and keep us warm and toasty at night in thee temperatures we have been experiencing.

I went down to the clubhouse to fix my oatmeal and coffee.  A few guys came in so we yaked for a while and then I took a shower.  SAM joined me some time later with Abby and we went back to the boat about 1100.  I had an appointment at First Assembly at 1500 hrs to start the characterization of the network and internet ( nothing is documented so it is up to the team to figure it out).  I also made a quick trip to Home Depot to get some white and black liquid tape and some self-sealing electrical tape that I will need very soon to do some of the jobs mentioned in the Punchlis for this year - and I have already found a few minor items TBD over the next few days.

After the meeting I went over to Monkey Fist to find a terminal strip to use for the helm electronics enclosure +12VDC and ground buss.  He had one for a decent price that was new so I bought it so I can get started tomorrow.

Now it is getting close to bed time as I finish writing this blogline.  All-in-all it has been a good day that started cold but became a sunny, lo 60's day with near calm winds.  Cheers & Night.

No comments: