Thursday, October 27, 2016

No sails -->

I recently saw this on Facebook and though it was pretty good so I am placing here just so I do not lose track of it.  Right now it is 5 bells per my smartphone and I have become accustomed to the time by of when to eat and when to go to bed and the stares when it chimes in public.  If people smile I sort of have an idea that they were in the Navy or are sailors of some sort :)

I checked the rain gauge and we received 0.76 inches of rain in the last 24 hours.  Today, we have leaden skies and solid overcast with little wind.  The trees are colorful now and just beyond peak season.  Lots of leaves came down with the rain and wind of yesterday.  Soon we will be picking them up with the leaf vacuum and depositing them near the lakeshore where the leatherback turtles seem to enjoy them.  Actually, several water creatures seem to use them for a home over the winter.

Little Yellow is still up at the canvas shop and I have to go check on her today to see how long it will take to finish the new enclosed boom tent that we are having made: Should be pretty sweet when finished.

Besides s/v Delos we have started to Patreon sponsor yet another aspiring and industrious young couple, MJ Sailing, who are rebuilding their 37' aluminum sailboat getting her ready for an Arctic passage.    The first episode link is here https://youtu.be/q5FDDbpDfBY.  We will enjoy watching them grow in the video production element and the progress of their boat.

Ok, I need to get something done today: Moore later.

No comments: