Monday, October 17, 2016

Caterpillar


Just something I saw and liked for the hope that it brings.

I am now reading "Scatter, Adapt and Survive" by Annalee Newitz. I am viewing this book as sort of a fictional opinion by an accomplished writer.  The reviews were sort of tough on her since the reviewers think she was writing from a scientific point of view.
There are some good points to be made in the book so far but my personal opinion is that Homo Sapien will not survive the coming 6th Mass Extinction.  However, we are a cleaver lot and there are a lot of us so maybe there will be a pocket or two of survivors.

I think those who do survive will be sailors of exceptional skills and luck with well equiped boats of 30 to 40 feet length and that can be safely handled by one person but with two people on board.  Larger vessels will require too much technology to keep in shape by small but relatively unskilled crews.

No comments: