Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Fall Day

It is Fall in Indiana.  Preparation is being made for the fall of the leaves, Thanksgiving with the family and s/v Inspiration II.  In a previous post I described the putting to bed of Little Yellow, our 16' American Fiberglass sailboat.  So here I sit on this exceptionally beautiful Fall Indiana day writing, looking outside and listening to my IRLP node 8783.  Soon I will go down to the lake to move things around and bringing out of the leaf vacuum that does a pretty good job of sucking up the partially mulched leaves the mower blades try to chop up. After that comes a followup appointment to the eye doctor to have a look at my allergy prone eyes.

The garden is almost bare now and only the Brussel Sprouts remain viable but there are a few kale leaves that survive.  The new 500W dehydrator just arrived and I cannot wait to try it out.  This may make its way to the boat so we can have some goodies down there this winter and make the place smell real good.  I just talked with W3RX down there and told him I have the merchandise he bought from W9LKI.  Now I have to try and get a hold of  KG4LMP to see what he is up to these days. Moore later people.

No comments: